A Religion for you and a religion for me

A long conversation with a friend made me realise how narrow minded the whole world is....

It all started with a lousy forward which involved a kid's hand being run over by a vehicle all 'coz he had stolen food. The blame was targetted on Islam and the muslims who enforced the punishment on the poor kid. Kinda shocked me actually, seeing such a forward was nothing near amusing and I still can't understand why the acts of fundamentalists end up being blamed on the religion. I responded (yep the idiot that I was...i actually did) by saying that it was not the religion but the idiots who felt their religion preached violence and nonsense. This resulted in a huge debate on how that person's religion (not mentioning names or religion) was superior to others. Ok, it kinda got far and I had this lousy taste in my mouth at the end of the day....

First and foremost, I'm no orthodox believer of my religion, but the essence of my religion or any religion for that matter is nothing but love. Impart love, do good and be good. Although all religions seem to impart the same thing, why do we argue over the fine prints of the religion and make a big issue of the same? Does any1 have a clue on this?

I'm an Indian. A land where almost a zillion religions (literally) survive together and our laws promote secularism. But hey its not like we don't have our share of problems, we have our Muslim Leagues, VHPs and a billion other extremists who test the country's secularism but hey...wats the deal?? Why bother with such lousy arguments?? Life has better things which are far more important than religion. What makes a billion ppl around the world argue on religion and make a big deal out of it i can't seem to understand. Take a look at the US for example. All muslims according to them are extremists Jihadi terrorists. And this about a religion that talks about love for all humans.

Sigh...oh well this is more or less a lousy topic, but I just had to get some steam out. Oh well...sorry guys, shall get some better topic next time around..

3 Response to "A Religion for you and a religion for me"

  1. Sameera says:
    Tue Mar 28, 02:10:00 PM

    no comments

    i dont comment on controversial topics

    if only people tried to know what their religion said,instead of tryin to get into fights about it all the time..

    i agree with u when u say most preach love tolerance and all the good stuff

  2. Anonymous Says:
    Fri Mar 31, 01:48:00 PM

    well frankly i understand why u r so pissed off ; i got the fwd too and i found it to be quite disgusting . the captions and texts went a bit over board .

    i didn't fwd to any of my friends either knowing it'll hurt a lot of people .

    rt on target about the topic mate

  3. Shaan says:
    Tue Apr 25, 12:11:00 PM

    hey manu...yep a very late response...but dude...its not about being pissed off. Its just something I can't seem to understand. Religion ain't something to be fought about but something that's supposed to be ours...our very own...its too precious a commodity to be shamed by fights...funny some ppl think otherwise