To Love or Not to Love...That's the question!

It was just another day in office and well for a change I have work lately. All thanks to a training I had in the UK. And well things are supposedly gonna get worse....frankly, I'm happy....I've had my share of free time all through my life in the company and its about time I really picked up on work.

It was Friday and our Manager, the cool guy in the block, was asking us what our plans were for the weekend...i had a bloody geeky answer..."CAT" jeez...he had this weirdo look on my face which said "Don't you have a life?" hmmm...do I? I guess I do, the doc said I was pretty fine when I went for my checkup the other day. Anyways, the next question he asked us were if we had gfs and if dates were in line during the weekend....the three of us in the team had a negative in the first part of the question. He was shocked and even joked that he'd probably put in an objective for the next quarter..."Get a Girlfriend".....and well as usual...it got me thinking....sigh I wonder if there's anything in this world that doesn't get me thinking! :)

What exactly is the deal of getting a girlfriend? Spend a few months enjoying the sparks and eventually realise you weren't meant for each other. Put yourself in a lot of pressure, and emotional turmoils and finally call it an end. Wouldn't like to generalise though, I'm sure there are quite a few of you who read this who would say otherwise. But how often does it last for more than a couple of years? It starts off with a mushy relationship with loads of attention and understanding at first. A few months down the line it changes to jealousy and possesiveness and finally it just ends up in huge arguments that make absolutely no sense to the observers from outside. And at the end, each one for himself (herself).

Friends often say I have a very stringent criteria for my partner and that's the reason I've never really hooked up. hmmm...this could be true. I'd prefer a gal who doesn't bother going all mushy mushy and constantly want physical show of attention. I mean come on, picture this, you're all tired from work, your manager has asked you to stay at the office on weekends, you lost money as change in the bus (refer previous blogs) and your cellphone cuts off as you start talking to your dad and mom three thousand miles away. And that's when the inevitable call comes in and she goes "Hi janoo...how much do you love me?"....WTF??? Right so that doesn't happen too often...but hell it does!

Is it so hard to find someone who would understand you and could read your mind like it were their own diaries (true this ain't possible at all times)? One who doesn't have a care in the world and doesn't filter you based on your caste, colour, religion or zodiac sign (reminds me of lage raho munnabhai :) ). One who'd have had a long day at work and yet want to hang out with you to take a long walk, talk and get home with a smile....or maybe spend an evening bowling just to get the spirits up. One who wouldn't hesitate to go out horse riding (yep...i've suddenly got a craving to go horse riding...still trying to figure when and where though), bungee jumping or try something absolutely new in their lives. And yet beyond all this still realise that life's just not about fun and involves responsibilities...to their parents, family and friends. yep....my friends are probably right...I do think too much and hence remain single...

So is cutting all this down for the initial sparks in a relationship worth it?......I wonder

6 Response to "To Love or Not to Love...That's the question!"

  1. Manu says:
    Sun Sep 17, 12:09:00 PM

    he he buddy good line of thought but i must say the initial sparks are worth the final sparkle
    well lemme put it this way-- actually in ur own words ........

    you're all tired from work, your manager has asked you to stay at the office on weekends, you lost money as change in the bus (refer previous blogs) and your cellphone cuts off as you start talking to your dad and mom three thousand miles away. And that's when the inevitable call comes in and she goes

    " Hi honey ; how r u ? guess u had a tuf day eh ? dont worry dear ; it happens !! miss u!! i'll call u wen u reach home !!.......

    well call it mushy talk or watever but it is infact an awesome feeling to have a shoulder to rest ur weary head on ;
    finding ur true love is like finding a diamond from a heap of rocks ;it cud be anywhere but when u find it ;all that pain that u went thru just melts off and becomes sweet memories of the past
    so tire not my friends and search jaari rekho ; laghe raho Shanim Bhai laghe raho.............

  2. Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! says:
    Tue Sep 19, 12:52:00 PM

    ha ha, one who doesn't filter on the basis of caste, colour, creed so and so, Shanim u urself told me once that it matters.....remember?

  3. Sameera says:
    Tue Sep 19, 06:32:00 PM

    shanim boy
    i agree with u

    first of all one of ur good posts here!

    dont relate totally tho..but never the kind to get into a relationship cause u had nothing better to do at that time..

    being single is good..finding "the one" is even better..

    enjoy ur bachelorhood..not everyone is this lucky :p

  4. Shaan says:
    Wed Sep 20, 11:17:00 AM

    @vineesh

    well...dude...as manu said, its never a museebath if its the right person...but yeah finding that right person is prbbly hard...

    @shilpa

    haha for sure dude!

  5. Shaan says:
    Wed Sep 20, 11:21:00 AM

    @manu

    point taken dude...as for searching...pretty much quit...its her turn to search now...whoever she may be :)...

    @silent valley

    uhm...when did i say that???? I've been a person who's pro-intercaste marriages and relations since my 10th grade! I can't understand why humans should be split in the name of their beliefs....or anything for that matter...we're all pretty much the same...our characters differ just 'coz of our histories...religion and the other stuff are things that we've brought into the world and God has never really asked us to go against each other in His name...so why should love be any different....

    As they say...Love speaks a universal language...

  6. Shaan says:
    Wed Sep 20, 11:22:00 AM

    @sameera

    Thanks dude...and will surely keep what u said in mind ;)